The Xbox One is pinning its success on the fact that is much more than just a video game console. Microsoft is looking for the Xbox One to become the centerpiece for family entertainment, which is why they included features like multitasking, TV controls, and apps.
These app, which include Netflix, Internet Explorer, Game Feeds, and more, can be accessed while playing a game or can take up the full screen. Similar to Windows 8 and even the iPhone, these apps and games stay open and continue running in the background, which means you've got more processes going on than necessary, but here's how to close them.
In order to close down these background apps and games, you will need to hover over the app or game in the window on your home screen and hit the Menu button (the one with the three lines) on your controller. Now, go over and hit Quit and that's that.
You can also check out the Xbox One support page for more info.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades